Monday, November 2, 2009

Oil Cooler Installation...attempt



On 11/30, George and I finally got the gas tank in...again but one of the nutplates wouldn't align for a bolt but we did get a screw to fit. We also almost got theoil cooler installed. We were able to get it up just so far and then the kink in the front of the cowl kept us from getting the thing in. ALSO, in one of the photos, you'll notice one of the hoses coming out from the side of the engine that was supposed to go up to the oil cooler. We didn't like it, so we turned it back in and under the right side of the cylinders and forward. We didnt' quite get it in so I went out tonight and noticed that me and my long arms could reach forward from under the lower cowling and line things up...but I need another pair of hands to do it.
Tomorrow we should be able to get the oil cooler attached and tighten the gas lines going into the bottom of the gas tank. I think we may try to attach the canopy and put the top of the 'dashboard' back on. I faxed the blank forms to our DAR for tentative inspection.

No comments: