Saturday, May 17, 2008

RV12 Wing Arrival

Well, the wing kit finally arrived and with the help of a very strong and helpful deliveryman, I was able to unload the wings and put them in the "hangar". Someone said that 2 men could easily handle the shipment but they must have meant that the men should be (1) younger than 60, or (2) weightlifters. My deliveryman was the latter.
Anyway, the delivery was on May 16th and today, my building partner and I completed the inventory process. It took us about 2 hours to demolish the shipping crates and count all the items. Incidently, the smaller of the box can be made into an adequate sized work table.
Van's used duct tape to secure and package the parts (they did a great job) but you've got to be careful in removing the tape in that it tends to pull off the plastic film from the wings.
Here are a couple of photos (I hope, since I've never used this service before) of the process of unloading and restacking the boxes.

No comments: